PHOENIX SEMINARY SCHOLARSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS*
1. Scholarship applications will not be considered complete until:
• The applicant has been accepted into a master’s level degree program through the Admissions Department by the Admission/Fin Aid Deadline.
• This application has been signed and dated.
• All necessary additional requirements as outlined above have been received by the Financial Aid Office.
2. Applications that are complete by the stated deadline will be given higher priority by the Scholarship Committee than those received after the deadline.
3. Eligible applications received after the deadline will be granted an award only if funds become available.
4. All applications and supporting documents/forms must be received by the Financial Aid office by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date.
5. Applicant may apply for more than one scholarship. If the student is awarded two scholarships during the same semester, one of the scholarships will be reduced to cover only the tuition. Phoenix Seminary’s policy is to award scholarships to cover tuition only.
6. If an applicant receives any external scholarships or grants to help defray their tuition costs, the scholarship award(s) received from Phoenix Seminary will be applied after all other funding has been applied. If the seminary’s award creates an overage on the student’s account, the award will be reduced. Phoenix Seminary’s policy is to award scholarships to cover tuition only.
7. Scholarship awards will be reduced if the student decreases his/her credit hours prior to the semester’s final refundable date. The student will forfeit the entire award if he/she drops below the required credit hour minimum.
8. If credit hours are added after the award has been granted, the award amount will not be increased.
9. Scholarships awarded for the full academic year (fall and spring) will be granted provided the required GPA is maintained each semester. Failure to meet the GPA requirement at the end of a semester will result in the loss of the scholarship for the subsequent semester. Payment for the incurred tuition will become due immediately.
10. Scholarship recipients completing course extensions that continue into the next semester must meet the required GPA. Failure to meet the GPA requirement as a result of a grade on an extended course will result in the loss of the scholarship for the current semester. Payment for the incurred tuition will become due immediately.
*Scholarships are awarded without regard to sex, race, nationality, or national origin.